View Single Post
Old 2009-09-12, 08:45   Link #150
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

^ U sure snick? School days was a favorite among my friends, although I havent watched it yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
How about:
7. People who can't stand the same jokes over and over.

For a show that depends on its humor and cute characters, the humor fell flat [especially after the very-good first few episodes] and by the end, the characters seemed like flanderized versions of their original selves.

This thread usually doesn't warrant this type of response, since everything's up to opinion, but your insults towards those who don't like your favorite anime deserve it.
Ya, just becoz an anime doesnt fit a person type doesnt mean u have to go about bashing it anyway. If they hated the anime becoz it is realli bad, then there is no objection to that. But it's not like an anime has to try and cater to everyone's preferences. How would the producers even know what kind of anime to make anyway? Make a survey? If that were to happen, the entire anime industry would only be used to cater to one group of people, and it will get boring.

Okay, back on topic...

Anime I liked but many people around me hated are...
!. Last Exile
2. Get Backers
3. Gintama

1. Second anime that I watched (first was one piece, the 4kids dub... ugh!). One word to describe it, Beautiful. The art was great, the music by hitomi was fantastic, and the plot was almost perfect (Granted, there were quite a few loopholes here and there, but nevertheless, still great). For animation quality at that time, GONZO really did a great job creating a plot from scratch and delivering the story to the audience. No stereotypical characters here and there, and I liked it all around. Now, the reason why my friends hated this anime was because of a 'lack of action', and they felt the plot was moving too slowly. And I cant blame them for that, since its not supposed to be an action anime anyway, so I kinda understand if the show doesnt meet their expectations. But...

2. THIS SHOW HAS PLENTY OF ACTION! And the same group of people who said there wasnt enough action in Last Exile, said that it was just a fight show... I have absolutely nothing to say about this really.

3. Many complained about the art that the author used here, I agree as well, in fact, I had difficulty appreciating the anime during the first few episodes. But boy, this is the epitome of humor. Satirical jokes meant to depict modern society and trends, you get to enjoy things from different perspective. (Heck, the author even did a few chapters making fun of the popularity polls, how cool is that?), I feel this anime is not exactly popular among my peers because firstly the art, and secondly, they find that there is no plot involved.