View Single Post
Old 2006-10-15, 20:28   Link #93
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
The manga was out a long time ago... so I don't get why people say this is copying Ouran. Just because this is out after Ouran doesn't mean they are copying them. They probably decided to make this into an anime before Ouran got popular or maybe even started, you know.

The art is driving away lots of people, I think, so this will never become as popular as Ouran, I have no doubt about that.

But I do find this funny. And I think this does have potential seeing who directs it -- the nose bleed really remind me of Excel Saga - but maybe that's just me.

Edit: I just read some of the manga... The jokes have a very different feel than the ones in Ouran High School Host Club. The two manga are VERY different. Ouran's jokes are all cute and innocent ie) Tamaki being the silly and over dramatic, Haruhi being aloof and clueless, the twins being the twins, Honey being overly cute but simutaneously a secret karate master.... The stories usually invovle almost everyone...

Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge is for an older audience. Many of their jokes are semi kinky especially as the series progresses. The manga actually have more parallels to Hana Yori Dango than Ouran High School Host Club. It's kind of like Hana Yori Dango on crack, minus the drama and plus the humour.

I wonder if they will keep some of the kinky jokes in the anime... semi-guiltily I kind of want to see some of them animated.

Last edited by Ori; 2006-10-16 at 01:24. Reason: I just read manga
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote