View Single Post
Old 2009-04-17, 09:35   Link #232
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Personally, I've always found that the biggest flaw in Valkyria Chronicles.

For a tactical RPG, you'd expect the things to matter towards your score being 'how many enemies did you kill?' 'how many targets were off importance?' 'did you kill any tanks?' 'did you lose any men?' 'did you lose any tanks?' 'how many points did you capture?'

Instead, all that matters in 90% of the missions is how fast you can dash towards the final point. Most often the way to do that is the ignore everything mentioned above...

It's a flaw that irked me. If I decide to methodically move forward and eliminate any hostiles, secure any points to prevent their retreat, eliminate their leaders and avoid any casualties, I'm apparently doing a bad job compared to someone who just rushes past every enemy and captures the final point.
I agree with you totally. My second playthrough is being myself and doing it the way I want to rather than the way that I had to to get A's in missions.

I also didn't like how the easiest way to get an A in some missions is to solo it with Alicia. I know she's badass as all hell, but even the truly badass need backup and support.