View Single Post
Old 2007-07-10, 15:43   Link #93
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alea Misa View Post
I'm afraid that is something that she will have to learn on her OWN, its not something someone can force into her mind. She'll have to learn by experience, and she is getting just that. But so far, what is so troublesome is the fact that she goes in circles. Resolve-> fearful and tearful->resolve-> fearful and tearful->resolve-> fearful and tearful, alot of her 'issues' are created by her, and she is the only one who can get herself out of that crippling mentality.
The merry go round of doom, she is going to get herself killed, regardless of whether she is aware of her fictional character status.
Well firstly it was Urahara who took part in Ichigo's mental training, so its quite cold of you to say that she should be the one who pulls herself out of her funk. Most of the characters in this show have had others pick them up from their "rainy days."

Also, people are not static, one moment they are confident in their ability and the next they could have a crippling blow to their pride and go into a depressive funk. A realistic character is one that has its ups and downs. This happens all the time, and like real friends, Ichigo and co. can see that and haven't said any lines like, "Aw why oh why can't this broad get her act together?" I really think that is the furthest thing from their minds. To summarize, some funks we can get out of yourself, and some times you just need some help.

I've already posted something earlier in this thread that is relevant now.
I just believe that healers have a very different state of mind than attackers do.
She just might never have the "killer instinct" that some of you may wish she had.
And IMO, as a barrier user and healer its not really necessary to have such monstrous killer instinct.

Seriously people are spouting out stuff like friendship and comradery, but from the majority of the posts concerning Orihime, are the "grin and bear it ya pansy," or "if you're not someone who can beat down your enemies in one blow or slaughter your enemies with a smile, then please go die." Emotional weakness, as untimely as it may be, is a part of life, and as the seasons it comes and goes. With the help of her friends, I'm sure she'll go to the next level soon enough.