View Single Post
Old 2008-10-24, 07:38   Link #61
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Personally I think Ryuuji is fine the way he is. He is not a goof whose best point is being nice, thus he does not have that "useless-nice-guy-harem-lead-whom-girls-like-despite-being -useless" implant in him (though his friend Kitamura has it, obviously), but remains to be a pretty enjoyable lead.

He is nice (maybe too nice, considering how Taiga treats him) but not to the point of being completely spineless like Shinji or some would say Saito (though Saito does have a reason - he is in love, and love as we all know sometimes do take your spine away), he is not full of himself like Kazuma.

He is more like Kyon, just without such sharp tongue and with cleaning obsession...

All in all I do not think he does need that much to change...Now Taiga is a different matter... She at first needs to become friend to Ryuuji rather than being so selfish all the time, maybe then we can see their relationship as a real teamwork like the tittle seem to imply... And maybe then there will be chances for something more... But for now Taiga does really need to change a little (not to the point of ZOMG I love Ryuuji) but to the point of becoming less selfish and help Ryuuji out as well...