Old 2010-04-11, 18:10   Link #49
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

Human sushi ! Umai yo~
Poor Simon.

Quote:
Kida finds Anri sexy (who doesn't?) but I don't think he's serious at all about her. He's trying his best to get Anri and Mikado together, like the true bro he is.
Yeah that's were my feelings lending towards too.

Quote:
I only noticed the slasher behind Shizuo when watching the sub, I'm not exactly sure what to make of it... I didn't really hear voices at the end, other than the three stooges and that creepy (but awesome) music. Also, looking at the ending scene closely, it looks like the attacker is using a kitchen knife and not a sword, so it's not THE slasher attacking those girls. That's why I still think the slasher is Anri (cf. the discussion in the general thread a long time ago). The fact Anri talked about herself in third person is definitely weird, split personality maybe?
It's second time she's been stalking him, maybe the Slasher is a militant Shizuo fangirl? As for the voices, I guess it must been the creepy music (OST needs to come out now!). I also agree that Anri could still potentially be one of Slashers since we know there are two, and the spit personality is pretty possible. My guess is that Haruna is one attacking the girls since Anri at the end looked too frighted to do anything.

Quote:
And I was surprised at how much Simon knows... I interpreted his short conversation with Izaya to be about Celty's head.
Don't think Simon knows about the head, but he points out that Izaya hanging around "Bukuro" way too often which means trouble is brewing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Wow, didn't hear the slasher voices in the end or see the slasher behind Shizuo at all (but I did see a crapload of refernces in the new OP and the Sora no Woto one, plus the NSM window on Mikado's computer gave me a laugh). And I started laughing when Sakai came onto the board at the end and everyone is going "Oh jeeze, AGAIN?!?" It seems like Kanra/Izaya doesn't know who Sakai is either which is interesting, though that Izaya knew everything.
Not crazy about the new ED, suspect it'll grow on me, but the new OP was better when with the animation and I like it a ton now. Nice how they used match-cuts in there again as well, even after seeing the first DRRR OP and the Baccano OP use that style it doesn't feel over used at all.
Wasn't the Spammer called Saika?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin Kizuite View Post
I think it is told this way probably because she seems to have a distinct differentiation between outside herself / body, (and the world) and her very being / person / soul.

We've seen her "phase" out of the world inside herself for refuge during when she was at the bench being teased by the boys, and at the end being bullied (The end scene is a good depiction of the victims of bullying). I totally relate to this as when i'm getting flakked by a boss or people alot of the times I try to "blank" out and ignore it all. I'm sure you (yes you whose reading my post ) do this when your getting yelled at sometimes too.

However the "deep extent" she blocks the outside world suggests heavy emotional scarring beyond what school bullying would inflict on someone. Maybe family issues as well perhaps, or an incident in the past?
There's certain some trauma going on with her. It's bad enough to the point where feels she has no individuality. Really looking forward to see what put her in this state and learning more about her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
The preview for the next episode is pretty amusing:
Spoiler for preview:
Pretty much, but then he's always been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
He bring it on himself, it is about time he uses a different approach on Celty or I doubt he will get any further that where they are right now. The only thing that he could do for her that will take any defenses that she still have is the one thing he will never do for fear of her disappearing.
He needs to work toward taking her on a date and stop his sexual harrasment which only make her be more on her guard.
Eh, Shinra wasn't harassing her. It was just a joke to get her come down or, at least that's how I saw it, seems to be routine with them. They are married now too, so i would think they have gone a date at one point.

Speaking of Shinra, he looked like he wasn't too fond of seeing his dad again.