Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2011-12-21, 19:32   Link #18569
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
I've always been interested about this.

I think it largely depends. I have a friend who got out of the PRC by the time he was 8 and moved here to Philly, he ain't got NO designs on going back. Then again he meets grad students (he's in a conservatory) that seem to hum a different tune so you know.
it largely depends on how old the person is when they left China. The older the person the more likely they will want to return. However just to draw the line most of them love China but is neutral to the PRC itself. They don't so much as support the PRC as support a prosperous China. However ambivalent feeling to the PRC shouldn't mistake as supporters of Democracy. My brother-in law was a demonstrator in Tienanmen Square and went home the day before the PRC bought in the tanks. Even so he is not a big fan or supporter of the so call student leaders democracy that the west likes to parade around.

Quote:
Heard an interesting BBC documentary about China trying to lure back scientists from abroad, one guy from California said that it will be no easy task. The place is good for labor, but not great for innovation due to the top down culture and lack of debate (nutshell of his words, not min).
i read a article about that and it made a point that with how Chinese went abroad to study. China don't have to get a majority of them back. Just 10% back would be a tremendous help to the country.