View Single Post
Old 2012-06-16, 11:01   Link #29187
Wanderer
Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
So in the end the two situations you're talking about should be one and the same. And in fact Beatrice could have more easily made Battler understand her heart by talking to him directly, instead she wanted him to understand just using the facts from her mystery and his memories.
Well Battler basically said the same thing at the end of EP5 when he figured it out. But then again, the experience of unraveling Beatrice's game probably gave Battler a stronger emotional attachment to her than if she had simply told him she loved him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
However, ironically, I'm not sure that this is actually what Ryuukishi believes. Because from one side we have Higurashi's last commentary were he stated that you beat him if you found a better solution than what he wrote.
Indeed. He has a habit of contradicting himself and delivering mixed messages. For example, Higurashi's second-to-last commentary and the ending of Umineko are completely at odds with each other.

For others' reference, the commentary I'm talking about:
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aethos View Post
Except that in the main mystery there's absolutely nothing that would help us to deduce what happened on Rokkenjima Prime.
Well, I would say that RK07 was trying to get us to look beyond pure deduction to find answers (that's why there are so many hints in the fantasy scenes, for example). I think RK07 intended Rokkenjima Prime not as the "main mystery" but a background one.

Of course it's not like I don't relate. Rokkenjima Prime is quite the interesting riddle and we were left hanging. But RK07 did that on purpose, and I think he intended to do it from the beginning.
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote