Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2012-11-13, 01:05   Link #24549
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
Looks like a compression blast from the picture, which means it's not meth, and extremely unlikely to be gas - you'd need a lot of gas, which also happens to be pressurized somehow for this to happen. Not impossible, but not very likely.

You're looking at some serious tonnage of explosives here, old TNT or solidox comes to mind first, eitherway, whatever it was, they had enough of it to give a 500 pounder a run for its money.
The article actually goes on to say that,
"Deputy Fire Chief Kenny Bacon told reporters Sunday investigators haven't eliminated any possible causes for the blast. But U.S. Rep. Andre Carson, who represents the area, said he had been told a bomb or meth lab explosion had been ruled out."
I think the most obvious conclusion is a gas explosion considering the history of such incidents in that region. We'll know for certain pretty soon, but I bet the gas company is sweating like, as George Carline once said, "a whore in church."