View Single Post
Old 2013-06-05, 19:25   Link #948
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
I'm relatively late to the party, To Aru...-wise; I marathoned my way through seasons 1 of Index and Railgun, and just caught up to episode 8 of Railgun S recently. (I haven't watched Index II yet.)

Apologies if this has been noted already; but has there been any talk on whether or not some sort of "Academy City Online" game might work well at some point? The city itself seems like a great potential setting for a sandbox RPG, in which you could create your own character (at level 0 or 1 or whatever) and fill in the blanks of what is going on while the two series' cast members do their thing on screen.

Would there be enough people out there willing to make their own mark (however far "off-camera" from the main casts) in this universe, or is there too much of an association with the known "magical and scientific ensemble" to allow for the setting to be divorced from them?
How well does games like GTA, Assassin creed and Batman sell in Japan? Do Japanese gamers even like those open-world city games ?

If you ask me though, I think it's better if they don't try to cash in on the whole MMO pie- its not as bountiful as people think....

But for argument sake- in a perfect world, it would be great

Spoilers
Spoiler for faction speculation
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2013-06-05 at 19:47.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote