Thread: Licensed Rokka no Yuusha
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-24, 15:41   Link #14
Zefyris
図書館狼

I really grew fond of some of characters like Hans and Mora. Goldof in the third novel is quite interesting as well, and so far the two kyouma leaders that we saw in action (Tgurneu and Dozzu) are pretty awesome as well. Dozzu kind of made me think about pikachu though (but in far better :> ) xD.
Chamo is a bit frightening (and that's good :P )and Adlet can be quite awesome from time to time (although in the third novel he's completely outwitted by Tgurneu ^^").
Nashetania is quite twisted and Fremy is a complete mystery; is she really that simple of a character or is she playing a role? Compared to other character her constancy seems suspicious ;o.
Rolonia so far was pretty funny with her swearing during the battles :3. Her way to fight and her different abilities like the tasting of blood are interesting as well, just like Mora's abilities and Adlet's tools.

The situation of the group at the very end of the third volume is becoming even more complicated (and therefore interesting for us ), poor Adlet is going to have an hard time with this, and Goldof's declaration isn't going to make his life easier as well. .

Quote:
There should be actual "English" names for the characters at the books' start BTW
There's only the forenames though, but yeah, it's pretty rare to have them. Never would have thought of that way to write "Tgurneu" for example.

It's a really easy to read novel, I was quite surprised. It's far easier than novels like Index or baccano, for example. Most probably because of the author coice to not describe a lot of things. This can be a default but it allows the novel to be fast paced; everything goes so fast that you can't get bored and always want to read what's going to happen next.

But from a translator's POV the names of countries for example may be a little annoying though.

The 4th volume of the novel came out today, with Rolonia on the cover.

Considering the previous covers, so it's Rolonia's turn to be covered in details then? (and probably suspected as well? Although I can't see Rolonia being suspected by someone else than Chamo...)

I wont be able to get my hand on the 4th volume before several months, but I'm looking forward to it considering that the group's composition is even more complicated than before. We already had such good stories in the three volumes as well, it's really promising...

Oh, and I got my hand on the first volume of the manga. So far, it's not half as good as the novels. I don't especially like the changes in character designs (like goldof ) nor do I like the changes in the plot.
The second volume of the manga came out today. I think it's Nashetania on the cover? I don't know if I'll buy it considering the first volume's quality.

Last edited by Zefyris; 2013-07-25 at 10:52.
Zefyris is offline   Reply With Quote