Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Akuma no Riddle (Riddle Story of Devil)
View Single Post
Old 2014-04-25, 19:46   Link #331
Galacticichi

Kouko's story may end up the most ridiculous one. She was raised in an organization that trains assassins. It was apparent she was a failure and her peers called her clumsy and more importantly, her senpai tells her she may not be cut out for it. Then, on a job/test she fails and her senpai dies leading cops to question the church.

From there I thought "Aren't they going to kill her?" because that's what any sensible organization would do with an utter failure that "caused" a competent assassin's death.

If Irena killed herself then she set Kouko up and must've not cared about what their organization would do to Kouko. I don't think she killed herself despite the glaring death flag since she didn't seem so heartless.

The organizations keeps her alive for whatever reason and sends her to Black Class so that she can prove herself? The manga was much less convoluted.

It's sad and disappointing when Irena's death was the most interesting thing about this episode because it was thought provoking. Kouko wasn't a good/entertaining opponent for Tokaku and Haru. Almost felt like she half-assed this assassination, I guess she really did suck.
Galacticichi is offline   Reply With Quote