View Single Post
Old 2011-07-31, 09:30   Link #78
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Pretty much what JC said, I generally get every other 'major' FPS shooter, or there about's. Not because I think it makes me 'cool' or whatever but that I find that they all seem to follow the same story. First COD I enjoyed, skipped a bunch got one of the last WW2 games before MW, got MW1 and 2, after that I think I got a couple BF games I can't remember theres probably a couple more in there.. but the point is they all play the same. WW2 story = kill nazis, MW/BF = kill terrorists, although the nukes were interesting. it's like how people harp on how all MMO's are WoW clones, I could say how all modern FPS's are the same too. Super soldiers charging down 'corridors' hiding behind chest high walls and admiring the three tone paint jobs have been getting kinda old.

Anyway I feel that you can skip a generation or two and not really miss anything. Admittedly some of the stuff in MW3 (perhaps more in BF3) are interesting physics wise and stuff (not story or gameplay), so I'll probably get one or the other.