View Single Post
Old 2011-06-28, 23:43   Link #151
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
As much as I disliked KyoAni doing Nichijou when they still have loads of Haruhi left to adapt, even I have to feel sorry for them over this level of sales bombing.

Nichijou's numbers are bad even for an anime made by an average anime studio, but by KyoAni's lofty standards, they're abysmal.

The one silver lining here is that maybe it'll force KyoAni to do more Haruhi ASAP, in order to make some safe cash after this...
If they can still afford to do much for a while after this. They might need to find some capital from somewhere fast. As far as I know their funding reserves aren't exactly all that great. Until today I thought Japan was incapable of not showing up for a Kyoani Blu-Ray/DVD. I mean even Endless Eight managed to crack 15,000 so I figured that they were basically on easy mode as far as competition in the anime industry goes and basically just had to put anything out with their stamp on it to be guaranteed a healthy profit. Guess it really does depend on what franchise it is at the very least and Nichijou is definitely not in the money.

Going to be interesting how Kyoani responds to failure. Until now it's really never happened to them even though I'd argue it probably should have in a number of cases. Can't say I really feel sorry for them at all though. If you ask me this is just a situation righting itself at long last. You can't keep doing lightweight meandering all female cast moe show after lightweight meandering all female cast moe show after lightweight meandering all female cast moe show and expect it to go well the....what....3rd time in a row? You keep putting all your eggs in one basket and sooner or later you're going to get burned because people are going to get bored of the same old same old.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2011-06-28 at 23:59.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote