View Single Post
Old 2012-10-30, 22:41   Link #44
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
If it was the overlord's haki, then she would've said it was the overlord's haki. Unless she is dumb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenchir View Post
Zoro doesn't haven CoC. Tashigi would have instantly recognized if he was using CoC or not because she has training in using haki. She already explain that it was fear that prevent Monet from freely moving when she realized how monstrously strong Zoro is.
The Color of the conquerer is not something that can easily be recognized in my opinion. I mean it's not like your arms become black and hard as steal all of the sudden, like with Luffy's CoA. All you really see as an outsider is its effect, and that effect could be caused due to something else as well. It's like when you see a fire from afar. You can't really know that somebody planted it on purpose. It could have been an acciedent as well, or a natural cause even. Sure, with Luffy it was pretty clear when he knocked out the 50.000 fishmen. But when you use it in a more subtle way - which would make sense for Zorro, because the default way of thinking here is that Luffy's CoC would be superior - it's harder to tell. So it's perfectly understandable that Tashigi would not have realized that Zorro used CoC, if he in fact did. And again, I'm not saying that he has CoC or that he used it there, I'm just throwing out the possibility.

On a completely different note, I really loved the part early in the chapter, where Sanji was talking to the marines about Zorro. It really goes to show that even though they seem to hate each other on the outside, there is a deep friendship within. Sanji saying that Zorro has a soft spot and that he's the kind of guy, who gets the job done no matter what, that really tells us what respect he has for him. And I mean, sure, this is nothing new really, since we all know that they don't really hate each other, but it's a nice reminder and probably my favorite part of the chapter.