View Single Post
Old 2007-05-20, 13:02   Link #260
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by guiltygearxt View Post
spurs dont have much offense as suns do

only thing that gave them edge is their superior defense and their biased refs thats all

and spurs score much is b/c suns dont have a good defense, only good defenders they have r probably Raja and Nash and they r point guards
Suns defense is much better then you give credit for and Nash a good defender He's good at taking charges thats it. Bell, Kurt Thomas, Shawn Marion and Amare Stoudimire are all great defenders, James Jones isn't bad as well.

Spurs are great offensively too, it's just that they are primarily known for their defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan View Post
I'm sure 95% of the people who picked Suns to win did so on the fact that the entire world thinks Suns are so "fun to watch" and don't know shit about basketball. Anyone who watches NBA regularly knows that Spurs have the offense to keep up with Phoenix and the defense to stop them.
No most people picked them because they won 61 games this season and Stoudimire when he is on the floor is unstoppable. I do agree with your second comment though, it's just that your first was bullshit. Suns and Spurs were very evenly matched, Suns just got some really tough breaks which cost them big.

As easy as it is to blame the game 5 loss on the loss of two key players, I think the Suns moreso lost that game due to Coach Mike D's inability to trust anyone else on the Suns bench and play them. Suns had plenty of opportunities to win that game but everyone just ran out of gas.

Last edited by Tommy; 2007-05-20 at 13:16.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote