View Single Post
Old 2008-11-13, 08:52   Link #24
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I don't know how compotent/incompotent Sumire(i'm tired of using SC prez >.>) is, but if people knew Kitamura was, in assumption, the more compotent of the two, she would lose respect, which would slowly draw her away from the ultimate vision of his fetish.
I think it's probably pretty obvious to the whole school that Kitamura is the common sense behind the school counsel. Everybody goes along with it because that's the customary thing to do.... aside from Taiga, of course. I don't see any indication in his behavior that he gets some kind of thrill out of taking sides with a girl in a position of authority. He could just be driven by a sense of duty, as much as anything.

Quote:
He doesn't want to expose it to the whole school HIMSELF. He doesn't care if Ryuuji or Taiga does it. Doesn't that strike you as odd?
No, it doesn't. As I said before, he knows Ami better than anybody and he's probably tired of seeing her act that way. He's not asking them to "expose" her, he's simply asking Taiga to be her friend. He tells her that as long as Ami wears her mask she'll never be able to make true friends, and he knows that Taiga has a better chance than anyone else to see through her bullshit. He feels a sense of responsibility to her as a long time friend, and his "duty" compels him to help her. Which is why he literally begs Taiga to be her friend.

Quote:
He likes Ami's true nature...
Again, I don't see any indication of that in his behavior. If anything, I think he feels pity for her. On the other hand, she may just be his type, he may harbor "childhood friend" feelings for her. Now that she's back in his life, he may want to see her come around and become a decent human being so he can have a relationship with her. That's a wild speculation, but something that came to mind.

I don't buy the fetish thing, but your argument for him to have some kind of ulterior motive is thought provoking and makes me think that I need to watch this Kitamura guy a little more closely.