View Single Post
Old 2012-01-12, 01:01   Link #36
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Ultimately, I don't really feel like this arc had much purpose to it. Aside from Ichigo getting his powers back, there didn't seem to be much content to go off of that we can clearly assume will prove relevant in the arcs to come. I'm not stating that's definitely the case. All I'm saying is that its not super obvious IMO.

But despite my comments, I couldn't care less since I wasn't a big fan of this arc to begin with. I'd be more than happy if Kubo decides to move on to newer and more interesting things from here.

Seriously, with this much time off, I hope this means he's finally ready to begin an arc which introduces Squad 0 and Isshin's history. And at the risk of getting flamed, lets bring back the trollmaster as well.
there's a purpose to this chapter alright, but it was just executed badly unfortunately. even ginjo's character could have been written or used in a much better fashion. but now that's over. let's hope the 3 week break would give kubo some time to actually think about what he's going to do next, like maybe start delving into the soul king and isshin's past?

this chapter was just off somehow. i don't know what to think of it. even my joy of seeing the vizards again was short-lived. after all that talk about hating soul society and the shinigami they actually came back and assumed their old posts? wtf?!! okay, so maybe things have changed and maybe they did have good reasons for returning but i was hoping for kubo to at least address some part of it in this chapter instead of kyoraku and ukitake talking about ichigo growing up. it looked like fan service to me showing all those captains in this chapter.