View Single Post
Old 2012-09-09, 06:41   Link #206
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
By "playful" I don't mean he was being goofy or being stupid due to arrogance
We agreed on that one, since playing the role of "Tobi the good boy" was just acting for the akatsuki because he didn't want them to know that he is the real boss. But maybe there was more to it, if it turns out that Tobi has multiple personalities.

Quote:
though he did underestimate Minato more than once.
It's common to almost all ninja in this manga to underestimate the opponent. He was never arrogant in that battle, he acknowledged Minato's power whenever he failed with some move/jutsu.

Quote:
I meant that he has a somewhat cocky attitude much like the actual Madara himself (better example than Oro). I was saying he's not some emotionless terminator, blindly carrying out the will of another like Kimmimaro.
I guess we had a somewhat different impression of Tobi, i think Tobi was never arrogant like Madara or Orochimaru. Sure sometimes he says something about Uchiha being better than others, or tells he is the fearsome Madara, etc., but his actions always show that he doesn't want to risk anything (in fact even at the kage meeting when he announces war he tells them that he himself is weak, so the kages should fear his organization and the 7 demons collected more than himself). Madara who plays with 5 kages and an army, Orochi who tries to fight 2 sannin without his arms, those are the really arrogant people, the ususal evil bosses who often die because of their own stupidity. I find Tobi a more interesting personality than those two.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote