Thread: Xbox One
View Single Post
Old 2013-05-21, 21:15   Link #289
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Internet echo chambers never fail to crack me up.

Not that I'll be buying one at release, as I've never found there to be enough compelling games until a console has been out for at least a year or two, but I'll certainly get one. Whether I get a PS4 or not will be the same reason I bought a PS3/Wii-if they get enough exclusives, though I'll always be a PC gamer first.

Down-stream, I have to admit I'm curious to see how Destiny turns out on the Xbox One, but for the console's initial release, what I'm most excited about is actually Steven Spielberg helming the new Halo tv series.

I'll have to wait for more word on the exact nature of the NFL-Xbox relationship, but that could potentially excite me as well. Really too bad that it'll be too late for the upcoming fantasy football season.

On a different note, if the used game scenario occurs via deactivation of account-linked content and activation to account, then this will largely kill direct used game sales via ebay, etc, which means companies like Gamestop will end up booming, which is kind of funny, as the initial reaction caused their stock to take a small hit.

Of course, if I was in charge of next gen console development, I'd integrate an exchange within Xbox Live, allowing players to trade and/or sell games to one another, with a fixed percent cut going to the studio that developed/published the game in question and cut out companies like Gamespot completely, keep the used game practice alive and well, and allow the developers to still make some money. Basically an Xbox Live Auction House. Especially since it sounds like all games will be available digitally, when they said you could go to your friend's house and log in with your account and download copies of any games you own regardless of whether you bought it on a physical disc or not.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote