Thread: TERA Online
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-16, 15:45   Link #85
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
I'm unsure exactly how good RP can be in this game when the quests are not really designed for it... this isn't SWTOR, it doesn't have cutscenes and voice acting every time you talk to a random NPC...
Most people I've talked to said that RP in SWTOR ranged from okay/mediocre to horrid, but that's mainly a fault of the community, not the game itself. (There is a LOT of lore to the SW universe, and I would assume that "lore nazis" make the experience less than enjoyable for some.) I personally believe that RP can only be as good as you are able to make it, though.

And I can tell you, despite the weakness of TERA's quest system, the RP I have seen so far from out of this community (both in-game during closed betas and out of game in the RP chatroom of CoS' site) has been nothing short of fabulous. There may be some hiccups here and there due to a lack of lore/a couple of loopholes, but it's nothing so major that it's disruptive. These people are intelligent, creative, and passionate -- RIDICULOUSLY so. I love them to bits. <3