View Single Post
Old 2011-05-26, 08:28   Link #4
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

That was quite an intriguing read, I must say.

Certainly issues of ignorance and petty hate were evident in this. Indeed in such a setting, times won't be that light most of the time, but a lighter setting is usually a good way to introduce characters, which worked. The setting surprised me a bit since I've read your thoughts about war and conflict in general previously. But you seemed to handle the setting fairly well thus far. I'll be interested to see how you approach it if you decide to continue pursing this story.

There already feels a bit of a melancholy yet defiant feel to the relationship between Alisa and Rin. Alisa feels very her vs. the world, yet she has found a way to let out her feelings, remain human and have some faith in the universe via Rin. The irony of Rin not being human yet being the one that keeps Alisa human is noted. Certainly Alisa is rather cold and clinical in her methods and manner, but Rin is the warmth and innocence. Opposites in a co-dependent relationship. The moment of Alisa valuing the mere component that is Rin indicated Alisa places more values on everyday things and life in general than those around her.

The beginning had a good pull to it to make me want to continue reading. The ending was a delicious, tense moment.

For some reason, I'm strongly reminded of the relationship between Sara Werec and Emily, her Mimic, in Soukou no Strain.

Worth the read and then some. Looking forward to your future creative efforts.