View Single Post
Old 2012-10-25, 02:27   Link #811
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
Homura's still ALIVE, for starters. Madoka is an omniscient being that has escaped causality and the universe. Homura still has beliefs that can be challenged, hopes to achieve, fears to overcome, a life to live, and lessons to learn. And like Kazu said pretty succintly, Homura still hasn't achieved anything under her own merits.
Right, gotcha. Madoka is an emotionless being dutifully carrying out the terms of her wish. She has no beliefs to be challenged, no hopes to achieve, no fears, no life, and no lessons. She's just a static thing in the shape of a girl.

I must have watched a different ending. The Madoka I saw was full of life.

Why are you arguing like it's either or? Is it not possible to have a story where all characters can grow? I get the feeling that the reason you don't want Madoka in the story is more about your desire to have Homura be the main character than any speculation on what the story could be about.

Achieved under her own merits? I wouldn't call the resolution satisfactory for either of them, but Homura did achieve part of her goal - Madoka is protected. The time she spent watching her friends die over and over was what allowed Madoka to break fate. If it wasn't for Homura, everyone would be dead, permanently.