View Single Post
Old 2008-04-13, 18:43   Link #84
yakusoku
(:

Send a message via MSN to yakusoku
The first episode caught my attention because the cute little story of their childhood was touching. As I went on with the first ~5 episodes, it seemed like a very typical slice of life anime that certain types of people might enjoy. But for me, it was very boring at times and the pace was too slow. The one thing that kept me going was the desire to learn more about their pasts.

The second half of the anime series was a lot more dramatic (almost seemed like too much) and the pace finally started to move. Very very surprising things were revealed during the end, along with a twist which made us cut out two of the childhood friends from the picture.

I think the greatest flaw in this anime was the characterization. It was horrible. Nanaka was very hard to figure out. She was quiet, girly, innocent, violent, all at once. It was very hard to follow her actions during the first few episodes, and we dont find out why until around the second last episode.

I disliked Sana's character as well. I know this is supposed to be some harem anime, but it annoyed me how he wanted to comfort everyone. And again, the suspense got to us because we were never revealed about how he was doing, after leaving from his childhood friends, until the very end. It bothered me a lot because it was like they were spilling out all the information at the very end.

I also found it strange that they never explained Shuri's uniform, different from everyone else's. Asami was also very strange. i thought it was very random and unexpected after they revealed her eerie intentions in episode 11. And the stupid thing was how sana still said it was alright for her to think that way. (if I was him I would have called her a freak and left her).

Then we have that elementary school kid, who was very unnecessary in this anime. They really could have used her screen time for some good explanations on the more important characters. the only character i enjoyed watching, really, was aoi-chan. She's the only one who doesn't have overdramatic secrets kept deep inside, and I enjoyed listening to her VA babble.

You might think.. it's good to have unexpected things happen. but when it happens in an anime like this, all calm and typical at the beginning, it almost seems out of character when the over-dramatic happens.

I guess the art really fooled me. as for the music.. i do remember the OP/ED music to be quite good, but I guess I found everything so bland that i didn't even feel like listening for the BGM.

If you enjoy drama anime and don't mind watching half the episodes without the actual drama, then you MIGHT like Myself Yourself. If you are looking for a nice romance anime, I do not recommend watching this. The character development is horrible and it ruins enjoyment. I think I seriously lost IQ while watching this series.

Note: That was my review off MyAnimeList. I give this series an overall of 6.5/10. And I'm not kidding.. I was very disappointed with this series :/
yakusoku is offline   Reply With Quote