Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Chihayafuru Season 2
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-25, 10:47   Link #546
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Shojo/josei still applies to females. In other words. not too many normal teen females idolize male friends. That's a kid thing. If it happens in a shojo title, it ends badly for the female. Josei prob wouldn't even touch it. This anime doesn't seem to be going that route.

And..dedicating yourself to your hobby solely, not something that females do normally. That would be an anime ending for the male otaku to feel good that their waifu didn't walk off into the horizon with a fictional character. Chihaya x Karuta prob not going to happen as a final ending. It's Japan after all and this is a josei title.

I do think in the final ending Chihaya will end up with someone but I think throwing it out that she won't end up with Taichi or Arata is not entirely impossible, even though I believe it will be one of them. After all what is wrong with defining Chihaya by her skills as a karuta player?

I think the fact that you think there is some type of rule for shoujo & Josei is a bit silly. Right off the top of my head I can think of a Josei series where the female lead didn't pick either of the two guys (Honey & Clover). So there are no rules like this.

Also while I do believe the love triangle is part of the series it is not the only part as hyperborealis points out and in fact it's not just Karuta & love either. Friendship is a very strong point of the story. So saying guys and girls can't be friends is definitely missing the point of Chihayafuru.

I am not sure who Chihaya will ultimately end up with and I think Suetsgu doesn't want to make it clear. I am not saying Arata & Chihaya do not love each other. I am only saying Taichi's feelings are 100% clear as he "states it", there is no other way to interpret it, that still doesn't tell us who will end up with who. There are different ways to interpret the story just like there are different ways to interpret the 100 poems.