View Single Post
Old 2008-08-30, 07:19   Link #4002
TheDisruptiveOne

Really? People are referring to Kallen as the new Shirley? lol, that's a flimsy argument.

I think Lelouch/Shirley had a better chance of working out than either Lelouch/Kallen or Lelouch/CC ever did.

My biggest problem with Lelouch/Kallen is that they haven't interacted enough outside of this war. Will Kallen's feelings remain when Japan is free and there is nothing less to fight for? Will Lelouch still value after he no longer needs her strength?

Lelouch and CC. Obviously, I could be wrong here. But my biggest problem with it is that C.C. has been dishonest with Lelouch for so long. It could be argued that she is basically "pulling a Lelouch" on Lelouch. Lelouch lies to everyone, so what's wrong with C.C. lying to him? I understand their logic, but it's hard for me to imagine that their partnership will turn into romance "after" this is revealed. CC knows Lelouch better than Kallen and Shirley. It's definitely a big positive for her, but I think it's cheapened by the way she acquired the knowledge. She followed him around when he was a toddler. She invaded his mind. The knowledge wasn't really acquired the ideal way.

Anyways, I don't think there will be a "final" pairing. Lelouch dying while both CC and Kallen live on would be adequate.