View Single Post
Old 2009-08-09, 16:44   Link #417
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
Very well said. You are really good surely good with words.
Thanks a lot, Heatth!

Quote:

Yeah, I think that way too. It is more or less what I was trying to say early. (I didn't divide alternative material from adaption material. Your terms are more correect, however)

If you make posts as interestings as this one and the relatonship one, I would certanly read.
Perfect. Well, I might put up a blog sometime in the near future then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
WHERE do you people keep getting this from? We've never heard anything of the sort.
I've heard the 10th novel referred to as the final novel... all over the place, frankly. Anyway, I stand corrected - it's only fan speculation at this point.

Quote:
Adaptation =/= the canon of the original.

Any believe otherwise is just stupid. Unless Tanigawa comes out and SAYS the anime is the definitive version, we use the novel's version of the stories when coming up with theories.
The only exception I might make to this is where the anime adds something to the canon that doesn't contradict it - for example, the way Itsuki laughed after the "I love you" line. Unless the novel clearly states otherwise, that laugh is now a jubilant laugh and not a melancholic "sigh, if only I could go after her" laugh.