View Single Post
Old 2009-10-08, 15:47   Link #77
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Will this lead to their being forgiven? Maybe. Depends on how good it is.
It really does more than you can possibly imagine...at least for me. I'm looking for honest to god effort at making something interesting to watch and hear instead of just more pandering to the core moe otaku fanbase in Japan and a reliance on viral marketing and hype as usual. If this movie has some actual effort outside of the occasional glamour shot then I'll be willing to go back to the status quo and actually have expectations for works coming out of Kyoani.

If they can't do something as simple as that then........well..........

Anyway to be a little more positive I guess I can say that as bland as the teaser trailer is it's decidely non-bullshit advertising so that's already a start in the right direction.....I guess. It doesn't get me excited, but it doesn't put me off immediately either and actually has me awaiting another trailer to see what the deal is. How almost normal of them......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Controversy View Post
I could see KyoAni picking up the gender-bender ball and running with it for a second generation of filler.
Absolutely not please. Like I said and I believe Triple_R agreed with me, enough with the gimmicks, let's just do proper quality adaptations of the core source material like the company is supposedly known for being the king of. A back to the basics approach that made the franchise successful in the first place would mean no mining the doujin market and selling it back to fans, which basically also means no more Haruhi-Chan, Churuya-Chan or any Kyonko like ideas for the time being. I know they said they think that Haruhi can be a meta-franchise like Gundam and transcend the otaku subculture, but they can't rush something like that like they've been trying to do. If they want another shot at the mainstream then they ought to reestablish the base of the core franchise before they expand, otherwise it will all collapse on them very rapidly again for all but the die hard core fanbase.....viral marketing and gimmickery or not.