View Single Post
Old 2012-03-16, 12:23   Link #233
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
At least it's not four girls this time. For KyoAni, that's change you can believe in.
Have we come to such a stage that we have to praise this?

Well I suppose it's a step in the right direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
So you agree that they're still #1, which means they're the platinum standard still which you just said they weren't. Or are you saying to be called the platinum standard is no longer a case of being the best but being the best by a certain margin? Backtracking and changing goalposts...

I agree, Naruto 133 was terrible, don't know why everyone loves the massive increase in fluidity. What about the original designs and consistency!
I've seen some awfully fluid stick figures before. Points for fluidity, points deducted for displeasing character designs. Though I've never though KyoAni was a master at background art like some other studios as well.

In any case my only point was that seeing their works isn't the same as was some years ago. It isn't jaw dropping level of animation.

Referencing naruto 133 is not going to do you any good since the art of that is heavily criticized by fans, some hate that style because it makes the characters look retardedly bad at times (See Pain vs Naruto fight in part 2 for fluid but stupid looking).
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote