View Single Post
Old 2012-10-02, 21:53   Link #1516
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
Obviously not. If you want to have an example of wedding dresses that are *actually* consistent...
...Are you seriously trying to make a "Japanese anime that doesn't understand Japanese culture" argument here? Shall I start posting examples of other Japanese anime and related products that have incorporated Western-style white wedding dresses? (Off the top of my head, it was featured in Sakuya's character episode in Sister Princess Repure, it was shown in the endcard of a recent episode of Sword Art Online, it was featured on the box art for Circus bishoujo game Da Capo Innoncent Finale, and was featured in a lot of official art for Navel/Dengeki G's collaboration mediamix product Marriage Royale. I'm sure I can come up with more if I look.)

If a bride in Japan wants to wear a white wedding dress today, it's no problem. Besides, since you cited Wikipedia earlier: "The Japanese bride-to-be may be painted pure white from head to toe, visibly declaring her maiden status to the gods." And also: "While, in former times, white clothes were worn for funerals, now all funeral guests wear pitch black."

The anime did not make an error.