View Single Post
Old 2012-10-28, 15:08   Link #394
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
This isn't SAO: CSI, killings are straightforward and hardly warrants investigation. This is also not SAO: The Weekday Morning Romance Soap Opera, with the limited episode count, they can't have 2183742938472389473892 episodes highlighting all the different interactions they've had over the years, only the key ones.
And this is why anime fails. It decided to animate something with not enough time so to get around it they cut things out.

That's minus.

Quote:
Actually, we haven't been saying that (at least I haven't), what we've been saying is that their interactions 'til that point hasn't really lead to any romantic developments, what's so hard to understand about that?

You're projecting what you'd do yourself if you were in their shoes, but realize that not everyone will do as you would.
When have I ever said anything about romance?

I didn't put myself as example, I used Asuna and her character traits. If Kirito met himself, then yeh they would never interact. Yet we are talking about Asuna who clearly wanted to interact with him otherwise she would not approach him.

Quote:
Kirito only knew the shortcuts for the first few levels, after which he's just as clueless as everyone else. It is actually much harder to level up solo, as it's a lot more dangerous and draining on the resources/money than doing it as a team, which is how most other people levels.[/qupte]

Well then you have opened another plot hole. Kirito was supposed to know date until floor 20 or so yet he still managed to level up to level 70 something and be better than those in parties.

Things don't match up.

[quote[Like earlier in the post, I think you just have to realize that those things you want to see are simply not the focus/point of the show. SAO's story is very focused on the key events in the two year period, as a majority of the story happens within a two week period (outside of the side stories).

When you watch Saving Private Ryan, did you complain that they didn't show how Tom Hank's character managed to get his captain promotion?
Then what is SAOs story? So far there is none what so ever. Kirito just goes around helping cute girls and everyone else living in Medieval setting. No one seems desperate to finish the game anymore.

Quote:
crazy panic...to do what? they are effectively imprisoned in their own mind, they're too scared to go out, they can't do anything to anyone (or any objects for that matter) in the towns, bashing invincible head against invincible wall gets boring after awhile
Who said that they need to do it whole year long? As you stated initial panic is not that long lasting.

They are trapped in a world where you can die. They should be freaked out to leave towns. Some should be more crazy and go head on an enemy, most likely fail too because of panic.

Just simple small things like that in first few episodes would do. Even in just episode 2 it would be enough yet everyone acting fine. Unbelievable for beginning.

Quote:
because he hasn't? You have to pay attention to the dates listed at the start of the episode, see the time skips, it's not as if it happens the day after.
Well that is A PROBLEM!
Author: I want him to be moody today, let's give him a reason. Ok I'm already tired of his moody mood need him to be happy. But he can't recover so fast so let's just skip several months!

Seriously WTF? Author/creators simply have no idea how to logically change moods so they just jump around the timeline.

Cheap writing!

Quote:
this is a message board, if you post to comment on something, why are you surprised that people will comment on your comments? Otherwise what's the point of this forum? a bunch of people to talk to themselves?
Then why the hell are you making a culprit out of me?
Did you read the comment above. It said that I AM the one who is peaking on people and trying to change their mind when in reality it is other way around.

I don't quote anyone, you people quote me so don't try to make a villain out of me.

Quote:
no no no, reflexes are not only automatic, they also happen regardless of whether you want them to or not, they LITERALLY happens without any inputs from your brain, you CANNOT will them to happen or not happen, which means you CANNOT train them.
Yes you can. A person who does martial arts will react faster to a hit than the one who doesn't.

My reactions were different while I was intensively training.

Quote:
What you're effectively saying is that you can train to control how fast or whether if your heart will beat, it's not possible.
Eeeehhhh... it is possible. Snipers time their heart beat and shot and you can slow down your heartbeat.

Quote:
Actually, the adjustment period I'm talking about are usually hours, days at the MOST. At that point those who can adapt will have accepted and moved on.
Yet there are those who can't adopt so they should still be around and in panic.

And once again it is pacing problem. Author skipped again.

Quote:
Again, this is what you wanted to see, but this is not the point of the story, never has been.
Then what is the point? So far I see none.
It is just typical shounen where they fight just to fight and live.