View Single Post
Old 2012-12-02, 13:28   Link #137
Archon_Wing
Underwhelmed
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
This is the shadow protagonist in Hanasaku Iroha, Aosagi-kun! He truly lives up to his namesake, a grey heron, doesn’t he? Males and females differ slightly in their colors in a certain area, so it’ll be interesting to discover what gender this bird is.
Heron was the 2nd best character. True Story.

Thus it is female.

Quote:
-Have you worn one of the uniforms before?
One of the gorgeous shy workers at P.A. Works wore a dark blue uniform. He also wore the tortoise shell bondage too! (laughs) But as for both, we didn’t draw him wearing either the uniform or the bondage. Those pictures were only used for reference while we drew. -You really bound him? Yes. It was how the young male workers at P.A. Works examined the ins and outs of tortoise shell bondage. It was like they were just playing around. The women got excited as they watched the guys. I was working on something else at the time, so I didn’t get a chance to see them. “What?! You were doing something that fun and you didn’t even try to tell me about it?!” (laughs) But wearing the two-piece uniform is a relatively simple thing to understand.
LOL our theories are coming true. And Mari Okada wasn't even responsible. /shock

I gotta say, though, they seem to really love their work.

Quote:
Horikawa: The conversation between Ohana and Sui in the graveyard in episode 24 got me thinking
about how I would close the studio from a presidential standpoint. It felt like Okada-san had me giving up. Then then I think she retaliated with the scene in episode 25 where Nako speaks to Ohana. There are people who retreat to their goal like Sui and there’s people who accompany them. That doesn’t mean they don’t have a dream while working. But Ohana is one of those people who carries enough energy to motivate others by herself. She can get people around her wrapped up thinking “Maybe we should change the status quo.” That doesn’t mean the current way of doing things is wrong, but after she came to Kissuisou, the atmosphere gradually changed. I wanted to convey to the people watching Hanasaku Iroha the energy that the characters had and make them think “I’m also going to do my best tomorrow.” Actually, when I saw tweets from people who had finished watching the show, I saw them write “I’ll also do better,” so that emotion was conveyed.
So I guess there was some real life allegory that I was feeling from it that might have been there then.
That which you do not know, you invent.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2012-12-02 at 13:41.
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote