View Single Post
Old 2006-08-14, 04:45   Link #4
wrex_japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam
According to the publisher (Media Factory) there are 3 light novels under its male oriented light novel label MF Bunko J that are very popular: Kamisama Kazoku, Kage Kara Mamoru!, and of course Zero no Tsukaima.

And the three of them got animated

The publisher mentioned that these three are very popular under its label (MF Bunko J), which means these three are popular compared to the other light novels that are published under the same label. it wasn't mentioned how popular these light novels are compared to other light novels published under other labels.

I think I have mentioned this before ^^;;
And I think the release of the animated series made the novels more popular. When I went to the nearest large bookstore chain (Book 1st) to buy the novels, they had a prominent section of Zero no Tsukaima novels but the first two books were sold out. I had to look for the books at another large chain. But I think the original poster was asking about the popularity of the anime series in the hopes they'll animate more episodes... which I hope for also, as the novels have some good stuff. It seems right now they are mixing some of the short stories from novel 5 along with plot elements from the second novel.

According to Animedia magazine, under the top 10 anime related novels sold, Zero no Tsukaima volume 8 is in 8th place (Shakugan no ShanaS is in second place).
wrex_japan is offline   Reply With Quote