View Single Post
Old 2008-08-08, 02:16   Link #223
cranston

Currently replaying 5-2 to see if I can give you some tips, but I've only reached the halfway point so far. However, I do have a tip for use against a white dragon. Needless to say, the breath attack and the way he gains mana when he takes hits is what makes it hard for units other than Nozomu and Euphie to take him down.

A blue character with Chill Barrier would improve your survivability. At the start of the mission, of my characters, only Satsuki had it though... Chill Barrier is 'zentai', so you won't take any damage from the breath attack, and its normal physical attack should cause tolerable damage. While you could try putting a red character on defence, their lack of M defence makes them too fragile.

If Nozomi were to be included in this team, the team would be undefeatable. However, that means that all the damage is going to have to come from whoever fills the Attack role. Unfortunately, I don't seem to have anyone capable of filling that role right now. Katima's 北天星の太刀 can be used, but they'll need to attack the dragon numerous times. Such a team can be used by itself against the white dragon which appears in the north.

Also, instead of Nozomi, substituting with a red character is also a possibility.

Anyway, I'll finish replaying the mission sometime over the weekend and give a more complete guide then.
cranston is offline   Reply With Quote