View Single Post
Old 2013-02-07, 06:44   Link #53
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
If you can't follow all of these (I mean ALL OF THESE), people will call you a wimp and never consider you as a badass.

If somebody can prove me wrong by giving me a RECENTLY POPULAR badass MC who is still a paragon of justice and a solid believer in the Power of Friendship, be my guest.
1) Okabe Rintaro from Steins;Gate - does not have an (overly) sob backstory, cares deeply about his friends, not really powerful (just determined) and his "quest" for unlimited power is just an act for hilarious results.

2) Oreki Houtaro from Hyoka - Again, does not have a particularly sad past, cares about his friends and is extremely lazy to do anything let alone try to "conquer the world".

3) JoJo - people have already brought up why

4) Gon from HxH - people have already brought up why

There are many others that I do not care to list.

It's actually pretty hard for me to find someone who fits this list to a T. It's pretty much impossible, since everyone subverts it in one way or the other. I think you are just generalizing based on bad experience with one character or another (e.g. Kirito).

Also, I do not find characters like Kirito particularly attractive. He is extremely bland and one-dimensional and his baddass-ery does not really impress me in a way that other characters do (e.g. Guts or Zoro).