View Single Post
Old 2008-04-27, 10:15   Link #3807
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae View Post
Uhm, I don't think the body would reject the egg. Ever heard of surrogacy? If a woman is having difficulties carrying her own child, she can use another woman to carry her embryo... It's been done many times before, so the whole Fate's egg and Yuuno's sperm put into Nanoha's womb would work.
Quote true story. They even did it in "FRIENDS", which is where the idea came from.

What it boils down to from the debates the last......two pages...... is people think Vivio may see Yuuno as her father and not Fate-papa. Here is the way it works: Even if NanoFate did somehow splice their genes, Yuuno would still be godfather. Yuuno would babysit, Yuuno would cook out on the grill on Saturdays while Vivio plays in the yard, Yuuno would do all the fatherly stuff. Logic? He's Nanoha's proclaimed brother, lived with her while little, and she "lived" with him for the rest of their lives until she married Fate. That would technically make Vivio his niece. Also, there are some things a male figure does and some that female figures do. Either way, Vivio will see Yuuno as "someone who has always taken care of her". LAbeling him as a term will make Vivio see him in differnt ways.

If Yuuno= Yuuno-san, her godfather, then she will grow up clearly knowing and understanding that he is important in her life.

Vivio will, of course, one day, ask why she has two mothers, and They will explain it to her as "She's special". There's no reason to "hide" who the donor was. Yuuno donated sperm, they fertilized Fate's egg, and Nanoha carried it. So they are all biological parents. The "parent" is the person who raises the child.

Take Vivio in Strikers. Do you consider her Nanoha and Fate's child? I do and I'm a Yuunoha fan as well. We perceive this because Nanoha raised her, and Fate was there as well. Vivio was told "you have two mamas" and she simply agreed with it.

Besides, In the story it's nothing more than:

Spoiler for It's right below the title, so I don't mind revealing this:

That's all that's said.

Anyway, topic closed for now. Thank you everyone for the thoughts ^.^ I read every post and every PM <3
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote