View Single Post
Old 2010-07-29, 13:59   Link #4027
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Uh, I need a little advice.

Spoiler for personal situation/little traceable information though, unless you're a pro internet stalker:
I'm gonna be studying abroad there too

After having my fair share of flight problems, I can tell you that your plan doesn't sound all that bad, but you need to get some security in there. You should probably get in contact with your home school; I'm sure they've had this problem before. Your study abroad office mind you, not the financial aid one. Worst comes to worst you should ask your school to give you a student loan, although you may lose a pound of flesh in the process. If the money will be there within a week I can't see it being a problem.

Mhmm.. talking to the travel agent is tricky. It's a gamble either way, but I would talk to your travel agent about it. It's just that otherwise, you could find yourself down a lot of money, and with no ticket to Japan.

Visa Officials! No, they don't care that much as far as I know - especially for stuff like study abroad. One of the perks of having people read the documents. I don't think they'll mind and you are allowed to do so - they really aren't that draconian.

Gah as much as I hate to send people into a debt-trap, you should look into taking out a loan if you're not already knee deep in debt.
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote