Thread: Licensed Unbalance X Unbalance
View Single Post
Old 2009-12-03, 12:52   Link #301
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
i rather think the critics here have chosen the wrong series (thread) to go against Young's plot qualities. When it comes to Freezing for example i kinda agree, there i mostly leave the boring cliched plot and horrible female characters (with a thousand psychoses that only beat each other to a pulp as if on gallons of testosterone) alone and only enjoy the artwork. UxU on the other hand has great plot that managed to suprise me more than once and has 2 great main leads and side characters that shine with credibility.
Well I guess I am surprised. I honestly didn't expect people to like the plot, but I guess logic & common sense is overrated. Also didn't expect the people to like the main leads. Sure he is direct, but he's pretty much a bastard(and no It's not just him hitting a girl). Don't get me started on the teacher. >_> UxU isn't really an exception in the horrible female character department. Everyone is way to overemotional. No one cares about the people around them. Love isn't the end of the world. >_>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Let me join the minority then. I'd say it's got an _excellent_ flow. In fact, for a while, UxU was my most-sought-after manga for which I feverishly awaited raws.
If by flow you mean angst based on situations that have no way of happening for real sure.

That said of course I know opinion differ, just surprised people like this type of series that much. This series is probably a lot more popular(on this forum) than let's say Ashita no Ousama which is better in every department(except art). Though I guess this series is pretty good at creating angst & drama. Still I find it hard to call something good based on that. I find there's nothing wrong with liking the series, but liking it for the story just seems odd for me.

Last edited by 2H-Dragon; 2009-12-03 at 13:11.