View Single Post
Old 2010-01-05, 19:28   Link #6572
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
Uh, and what would he have achieved by taking the blame? Certainly not world peace.
Lelouch's way of honouring the dead is too keep on fighting, and corpses tend not to care about their reputation.
(By the way, what would you want him to do? Hand himself over for punishment, and cause his sister as well as a lot of other people even more grief? That's Suzaku's version of justice, and maybe yours, but not Lelouch's, and not mine.)
see my comment to morbo's post
and i would have him NOT treat his stated goal that inspires millions to his side, like its something to be tossed aside the moment something he REALLY cares about is threatened

Quote:
Well, yes, sister complex. Nunnally was his world, and with that kind of history, I don't blame him.
The massacre didn't make him any more psychologically stable, by the way.
same

Quote:
I'm not an expert on batman, but I doubt he's a teenager, and I have no idea if he has a comparable shitty past that could screw with his morals.
i kinda think watching his mom and dad murdered in front of him is pretty bad
but thats not really the issue

Quote:
Lelouch says a lot of things, but not all of them should be taken at face-value.
Lelouch has proven several times that he has a sense of justice, but we already had this discussion, so I'm not going into it again. He's not the perfect hero he makes himself out to be, but Zero is a part of Lelouch, and Nunnally was at least partly a justification - he admits to that. It was him who wanted a place for the weak in society along with his revenge, not his sister - or at least, he didn't do it just for her.

Lelouch was meant to be a "modern hero", and that's the way I see him. Not a hero-hero, but someone who has a strong sense of justice that gets muddled by all the shit that has been thrown at him in his short life.
Lelouch has always been sooner to call himself a monster than a hero when he was speaking in earnest. That's not because he's a rotten human being, but because this is the impression he has of himself. Someone like him can not have a pure, innocent wish, so he projects it on Nunnally.
Episode 5, though, shows that to a not so small extent, he and Suzaku have the same goal and the same reasons.
THATS a pretty good indication of the true lelouch...
but not zero
as zero, he IS pretending to be the perfect hero
he IS pretending to be a symbol of hope
is worlds SHOULD be taken at face value
and THATS the difference

who he REALLY is, and who he is pretending to be, is the main point
and, ironiclly, it is CHARLES of all people who calls him out on this repeatedly