View Single Post
Old 2009-08-15, 20:38   Link #1938
Death Header
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
A lot of people, me included, do have a problem with that, because assuming the responsibility for the very lives of a few million people should carry along with it a certain gravity and Ranka did not seem to grasp that concept very well, instead seeming ( to me ) to make it all about Alto.

Her change from "I sing for the people of Frontier" to "I sing for Alto, and Alto alone! Why canīt he hear me?!?" was definitely a change for the worse in terms of her character development.
It seems that regarding to this part, Alto simply didn't notice/ignored Ranka's effort and focused almost all of his efforts onto taking care of Sheryl instead. Personally that was a change in worse for the development of Alto as well. When you have a responsibility to protect a few million people, a person has to have the motivation to do so. Unfortunately, Ranka's motivation was Alto's acceptance of Ranka, and seeing that this motivation was crushed in an instant, I probably understood why Ranka 'ran away" from Frontier in the first place.

btw stop justifying Sheryl here this is a Ranka thread.