View Single Post
Old 2010-06-18, 23:09   Link #11309
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

If not for Ange, the whole "fake-kill everybody and slip away with the gold to a new life in some foreign country" thing would make a lot of sense for Rokkenjima-Prime, but I just can't see Eva and Ange getting abandoned and I don't really buy them actually being in on it. Is it possible? I guess. It's pretty convoluted.

To say nothing of all the servants. To complete the illusion, they'd also have to disappear. Why even involve somebody like Gohda, who has no idea what's going on? What, are you gonna pay him off, and Dr. Nanjo, to pretend they're dead to anyone who might have cared about them? What about Nanjo's grandchild, surely he cares about being there for that?

If the goal was to fake-disappear the family, having just the one-winged servants on duty would've been the best way to do it. Make up some excuse, I don't know.

There's also the question of what they would have done had Battler not come. They can't postpone a plan like that, they're on the brink of ruin. Was the original plan to just ditch Battler and Ange? Except Ange was supposed to be at the conference. So was the plan to just leave all the family debts and remaining assets to Battler and hope for the best? How would that square with "Beatrice" wanting him to remember something?

It's awfully hard to make any sense of it. Doesn't seem workable to me.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote