Thread: Licensed Sankarea (TV)
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-01, 07:24   Link #834
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

I don't get why so many people are troubled with the final episode. I think it went pretty much as I expected. The only factor that is point of uncertainty is Wanko. On one hand, I find most of her incredibly annoying and whenever she appeared, I often felt the need to kill someone. However, there have been other scenes in which she showed a more sympathetic side and I think she would've been a lot more enjoyable if she weren't so damn pushy most of the time. I do like how she gave Rea the confidence to keep pursuing the happiness she longs for, despite her limited time, both in terms of living and love-wise.

I'm kinda wondering why Chihiro doesn't outright tell his family that Rea is a zombie, even though his dad seems to be the only one who hasn't got a clue yet. Then again, it might just be better to avoid any unnecessary conflict, if what (seems to have) happened to his other is any indication. I'm pretty sure Mero isn't asking her brother out of courtesy, since episode 9 made it clear that she is aware of the fact.

I do hope we'll see more of this show eventually. I find the manga highly enjoyable and the anime has only scratched the surface of what the story eventually turns into, while giving us enough hints that Rea is is still a zombie, leaving options wide open for a second season. Studio DEEN's production seems to be much better than a lot of their other shows (probably a higher budget, too) and this gives hope that more will come in due time. I would certainly welcome it with open arms.