View Single Post
Old 2016-09-23, 15:41   Link #22
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMurphy View Post
Er.

Hope's Peak Academy students only spend two years there. There is no third year at Hope's Peak. High school in Japan is three years long, and you must already be a high school student to attend -- every student at Hope's Peak has already completed their first year of high school.

Also, we've been told earlier in this very anime that Hope's Peak only has two years in it, if I recall correctly.

The 77th's graduation takes place at the end of their second year at the school, and the end of the 78th's first year, at which point the school is sealed. So no, Dengar's right, the 78th class only spends one year at Hope's Peak.
This could actually be contradicting information though. - tbh I missed that part completely. (prolly because despair was boring for most of the time )
I am pretty sure Junko said they were classmates for almost 3 years now. Sayaka also referred to Naegi's and her old school as 'middle school' rather than jr high.

Or 78th is an exception to the rule and has 3 years there.
One thing is sure though: Junko going AWOL right after the Despair events and Ryoko suddenly appearing would have been far too suspicious for Munataka to not investigate anew. (And several other characters too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
The lack of caring Mukuro for Makoto is PISSING me off after reading IF.
Must have happened in between the time they got sealed and the start of DR 1

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.