View Single Post
Old 2010-06-08, 06:51   Link #14
calorie

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert View Post
They all pretty much works the same in my experience as a non-web developer. Sure, some maybe faster than others, but not so much that I would begrudge them. Most of the times I don't even notice the difference.

And while I did get a little crazy (for my standard anyway) with extensions in Firefox in the past, it turns out to be just a phase that came and went. Now I'll install maybe one or two extension myself, but I don't miss it if I'm using another browser that doesn't offer similar ability (either natively or with an extension).

So with that said, I use IE on Windows and FF on Linux. I don't own a Mac, but if I did, I'd be using Safari on it. And if I use someone else's computer, I'll use whichever browser they set as the default.
Same here - I used to be a browser freak, always tinkering and trying out every browser there is. After I've switched to Windows 7 it's been Internet Explorer 8 for me. Honestly it's not that bad for an amateur computer user, it does feel slower interface-wise but you get used to it and all the web pages I visit open with about the same speed as with the other browsers. So while the alternative Windows browsers are probably better, they're not that much better to my untrained eye. Besides, its theme and font rendering fit Windows 7 the best in my opinion and I've been trying to refrain from using any software that I don't absolutely need -- been wasting too much time on that before which only nourished my OCD.
calorie is offline   Reply With Quote