View Single Post
Old 2011-06-29, 05:53   Link #1101
Deconstructor
Crossdressing Menmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proof View Post
Over-analyzing the whole thing probably takes out a lot of the enjoyment.
For some people, over-analyzation is the source of enjoyment. I just don't believe [C] is the right anime for those people.

However, a lot of people are saying the economic logic is flawed to the point where even watching casually causes disbelief. My viewing experience was not so, but I cannot say very much in my defense, as I cannot speak for anyone else's viewing experience.

I will leave the discussion with one last comment. There are parts of the anime which don't add up logically if one were to envision the world of [C] as even the least bit representative of our own world. From the very first episode, I held no standards or expectations for the plot to make sense in context of economic theory. However, I did expect the characters to feel emotions, just as people normally do. I was able to accept whatever flawed logic was presented because I believed the characters were acting true to their own ideas. While I appreciate when the logic is as plausible as the person who says it, I realize I can still enjoy pseudo-intellectual anime like [C] without logical consistency. Even so, I believe it's reasonable for others to make common sense a requirement of good anime.
Deconstructor is offline   Reply With Quote