Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2011-02-02, 15:05   Link #11800
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
I'm going to work in -8 degree weather today (like many Americans) and it occurred to me that it is only fair to remind everyone what the US congress (in particular the Democrats) tried to sell us on a few years back on Global changes in climate and of course the Cap and Trade bill.

Here's the current reality.

http://www.accuweather.com/blogs/new...xt-five-wi.asp

After this winter, with record breaking snows and cold temps everywhere in the Northern Hemisphere, Al Gore is once again trying to blame ManBearPig for these natural changes in the climate.

If we have a dry winter with drought...it's ManBearPig (AGW).
If we have a cold wet winter with blizzards and record cold...it's ManBearPig (AGW).
He (and his followers) can't have it both ways.
I hope that after this winter people will get back to the real problem, that is pollution, instead of worring about a make believe bogeyman like Anthropogenic Global Warming.
Real environmental issues, like actual pollution of our streams, air, and soil, need to take precedence over this make believe nonsense.

South Park did a fine job of pointing out just how ridiculous AGW and Al Gore actually are:

Ohohohoho. Another person attributing the apparent sectional weather with global weather.

Global warming is the global increase in average temperature. If you notice, every year has seemingly different weather averages. One year might have a surprisingly hot temperature, or maybe cold. But over all, the entire average global temperate is increasing. This can cause strange weather phenomena not usually seen. When the ice caps melt up north, all that cold water seeps throughout the oceans.

This poor, cold weather may not necessarily be caused directly because of GW, but it is still quite possible that it is.

Remember, just because the fridge is cold inside, doesn't mean the house isn't warmer.