View Single Post
Old 2011-06-22, 12:42   Link #3
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
The worst thing we can do is just leave this unspoken anomaly up in the air.
I appreciate your passion for resolving this issue, but it's not exactly unspoken; it has been discussed before. The reason for the message is because it's part of the generic boilerplate text for limited forums (which mostly applies to series sub-forums, but also happens to apply now to the top-level Current and Older Series sub-forums). The reason for the inconsistency is that this issue comes up very rarely, and if we were to create the proposed sticky, I can pretty much guarantee that most of it will be requesting things that are already there but people just forget/neglect to search for.

So for now, as was said, given the infrequency of this need, we've just been telling people to post it in Upcoming and then report it to be moved. Obviously it's not ideal, but again, it's not a common issue so we have been willing to live with the slight awkwardness. Maybe there's a different solution too, but we haven't spent a lot of time thinking about it. Maybe I'll just create a "Request for New Threads" sticky that you can't actually post in but explains the aforementioned procedure, if that'll solve it.