View Single Post
Old 2012-03-14, 22:16   Link #3175
monster

This is from the AGE general discussion thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
No,this will only prove to Sunrise that they need more Gundam like SEED, in order to get more sales.

I think that depending on how the SEED remaster will go down, it will give us hints on how Sunrise responds from the 'financial losses' of AGE. If the Remaster goes well, then there: we'll get more series patterned from SEED, or CE sequels.

About Origin,you ask? I'm thinking that Origin will be a Movie series, much like Break Blade. I don't think that Sunrise would go the path of a remade TV series, the TV series is a vehicle to get more fans, not to stagnate the fanbase, so the setup would still be UC OVA/Movies, CE OVA's and mangas, AU TV series.

Elitists that say that SEED is dead need to look and see the truth, SEED is profitable and in the long term, it's the closest to the UC franchise, I think that if Bandai wants to get more money, they should go deep into CE. Yes, Destiny is a flop, story-wise, but the setting still has potential.
Is there any indication that the SEED remaster is doing well? I guess the real proof will be in the Blu-ray sales, but are the TV ratings meeting Sunrise's expectation so far?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote