View Single Post
Old 2007-09-14, 11:08   Link #42
Silver-Wings

I really adore the series. To be honest with you, I've never even read the manga and never realized that the whole manga series has been going on for 20 years and I was only introduced to the show early this year.

(Speaking purely from the show's standpoint) I think what pulled me in is the show's distinct "purity" of characters. It's not much like your typical harem type of anime. It's more heart-tugging (in my opinion at least) and focuses more on the more sensitive side of feelings than the more shallow (although i dont want to use that word) sides of relationships like holding hands, kissing, etc. Although I do have to admit that keiichi needs to grow some backbone and there are instances that I just felt so sorry for Belldandy because K was being a jerk. But I suppose it's needed to bring out some more of the show's emotionall aspects. There are a lot of events in various episodes that actually made me teary-eyed (especially ep 23). Overall, I think its a wonderful animeon its own right. It's a good break from the common anime couple that don't get along/always fighting but deep down they love each other sort of thing

I have yet to read the manga series starting from the very beginning. Im planning on collecting those soon.Is it availble in any Barnes and Noble or Borders bookstore? Or do you have to order those online?

Oh, might I add that I am very much in love with the musical scores they put in the series! it fits in perfectly with the moods. I'm still trying to find one particular song title that's in season 2 though It's the musical score when Bell was fighting Garm part (when she released her built-up energy), the bittersweet sounding one. Anyone know what im talking about?