View Single Post
Old 2011-07-18, 16:40   Link #23271
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
Based on Ryûkishi himself saying he's supervising the manga version of Umineko and discussing with the artists what to put in and what not. Of course you're free to ignore that if you'd prefer.
He said the same thing about the anime and it's goddamn trash. As much as I consider Ryukishi a friend I have to recognize his supervision over his own projects isn't worth much.

Quote:
Did he? I read it in a way that he said that it would be boring if she was the murderer in every event and that Eva Beatrice is probably not limited to Ushiromiya Eva alone. The last part can just as well be limited to the murder of Nanjô, which we already know cannot have been commited by Eva.
Okay, in you're interpretation Eva struggling with Eva-Beatrice is just a red herring and nothing more, for me it's her struggling with her potential to murder. But I think that is something which is open for interpretation.
I do think it's a red herring, considering it's the entirety of the Fantasy Plot, which exists to mislead. Eva-culprit is the answer being FED to us, therefore it cannot be the correct one.

Quote:
Though I think you are mixing narrative levels here. Within the narrative of EP3 Eva did arrive at the room of gold and did solve the epitaph, though of course it's not said that it ever happened like that on the real Rokkenjima.
I'm speaking in the context of EP3 only. What happens after Eva returns from Rokkenjima is irrelevant to my point, because Yasu has no perception of those events.

Quote:
I think what we have to consider, and what is often forgotten, is that EP3 is not coherent within itself for a reason. If you exclude one important part of the narrative, a central murderer with a plan, then you arrive at a logic error similar to EP6.
Uh...no, you don't? It's perfectly consistent with itself so long as Yasu exists. If Yasu doesn't exist, of course the story falls apart because you're REMOVING A CENTRAL PART OF THE NARRATIVE. It'd be like a Rokkenjima without Beatrice of any form, or a Rokkenjima without Battler. It's not a Logic Error, wherein you have two existing facts that contradict each other. It's taking out a central piece of the machine and wondering why it ain't working no more.

Quote:
You're making assumptions as well when you are saying that we have to ommit whole passages of the narrative and regard them as total bogus when almost everything can be explained as a metaphorical representation of an actual event.
Uh, no i'm not, I'm applying inductive reasoning. If Eva is not in the room with Rudolf and Kyrie (and we know for a fact that she isn't), then Hideyoshi's speech makes no sense. If Eva is not the culprit, and it is very, very heavily implied that she isn't, then Hideoyshi's speech makes no sense. If Hideyoshi's speech makes no sense, he has no reason to be making it, and thus he won't be unless he's possessed by magic.

Quote:
But wouldn't that imply that she had less problems with killing anybody else in the course of the whole story? Then what about the murder of Jessica in EP2 or George in EP2 and EP4? Why was she able to pointblank kill them and stage their deaths but NOT in the case of Maria?! If she was actually planing on continuing the killings as she did in many other instances it seems strange for her to ommit just this once.
Maria is special. I shouldn't have to explain this. I believe Ryukishi has gone on record as saying that Maria is "a sacred, integral part of Beatrice's existence that she shall absolutely not defile." That's why she never kills Maria (except for the bomb) unless shit goes REALLY WRONG, in which case she is given the most peaceful, painless, dignified death possible.